Get started in Philipsburg, St. Maarten…
Philipsburg, St. Maarten – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks Ships usually dock at AC Wathey Pier, on the Dutch side of the Island. Best way to reach the downtown area and the closest beach is to take a water taxi from the pier where you dock, which takes you to the promenade near the center of town. Make sure you get off at Cyrus Wathey Square, which is the downtown pier.
- Taxis are available from the port and are monitored with prices displayed. Make sure you confirm a price before commencing your journey.
- Major Credit Cards are accepted in all the guaranteed and recommended shops, cafes and restaurants..
- The currency is the Antilles Guilder on the Dutch side; also, US Dollars and major credit cards are accepted in all establishments.
- Banks & ATM’s Banks and ATM’s are available when you get off the ship see overleaf where the banks are located.
- Everyone speaks English ashore.
- The Shopping Highlight Information to follow
- Major Attractions A. Courthouse, B. St Maarten Museum and C. Boardwalk Click here for location on the map.