Get started in Oranjestad, Aruba…
Oranjestad, Aruba – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks at Oranjestad Cruise Passenger Terminal and the distance to downtown is an approximate 10 minutes’ walk depending on where your ship docks in the terminal.
- Taxis are available on a negotiated-fare basis on the pier or in the town center.
- Major Credit Cards are accepted in all the guaranteed and recommended stores listed on this map.
- The currency is the Aruban Florin. However, US dollars are widely accepted, and there is no need to exchange US dollars for Aruban Florin.
- Banks & ATMs are available when you get off the ship. See map showing where they are located; please be mindful of local banking hours. The currency is the Aruban Florin. However, US dollars are widely accepted, and there is no need to exchange US dollars for Aruban Florin.
- Dutch and the local language of Papiamento are the official languages of Aruba, but most Arubans speak a minimum of four languages, including English and Spanish.
- The Shopping Highlight here is the latest blog on shopping in Aruba loads of online shopping options until the ships return to Aruba.
- Major Attractions Fort Zoutman & Historical Museum, Museo Numismatico locations on the map