Get started in Oranjestad, Aruba…
Oranjestad, Aruba – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks at Oranjestad Cruise Passenger Terminal and the distance to downtown is an approximate 10 minutes’ walk depending on where your ship docks in the terminal
- Taxis are available on a negotiated-fare basis on the pier or in the town center
- Major Credit Cards are accepted in all the guaranteed and recommended stores listed on this map
- The currency is the Aruban Florin. However, US dollars are widely accepted and there is no need to exchange US dollars to Aruban Florin.
- Banks & ATM’s are available when you get off the ship. See map showing where they are located, please be mindful of local banking hours. The currency is the Aruban Florin. However, US dollars are widely accepted and there is no need to exchange US dollars to Aruban Florin.
- Dutch and the local language of Papiamento are the official languages of Aruba, but most Arubans speak a minimum of four languages including English and Spanish.
- The Shopping Highlight Start your day at Diamonds International, ensure you shop early in case you need your jewelry sized or designed to your liking. The Shopping Expert will pick up your jewelry or watch and hand deliver to your cabin so you can go to the beach or take your tour in the afternoon
- Major Attractions Fort Zoutman & Historic Museum, Museo Numismatico locations on the map