Get started in Gustavia, St. Barths…
Gustavia, St. Barths – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks – Cruise ships arriving in Gustavia, anchor in the harbor and tender passengers into the Port de Pleasance, in the center of the city
- Taxis will be available when you get off the ship
- Major Credit Cards are accepted in all guaranteed and recommended shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- The currency is the Euros (EUR). However, US Dollars and major credit cards are widely accepted.
- Banks & ATM’s Banks and ATM’s are available when you get off the ship, see the map showing locations.
- The language ashore is French, however, English is widely spoken.
- The Shopping Highlight Information to follow
- Major Attractions Saint Barthélemy is an overseas collectivity of France. To the northwest lies St. Martin, to the southwest Saba, to the south St. Eustatius and St. Kitts, and ultimately to the southeast Barbuda. It is the only Caribbean island to have historically been a Swedish colony. The Swedish influence can still be found in architecture and street names. The language, cuisine, and culture are distinctly French. Set in the historic North Wing of St Bartholomew’s Hospital, the Musée Municipal de Saint-Barth tells the story of this renowned institution, celebrates its achievements, and explains its place in history. There are very few buildings of historic interest left in town because of the damage wrought by a hurricane and then a fire in 1852. However, the Swedish Clock Tower is still there today. Click here for the location on the map.