Get started in Cozumel, Mexico…
Cozumel, Mexico – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks There are three cruise terminals Cruise ships could dock:- The closest to town is Punta Langosta terminal; there is also the SSA International & Puerto Maya Pier. Please check with your ship’s front desk for which terminal we will dock and the easiest way into town. Distance into town, if you dock at Punta Langosta, downtown San Miguel is very easy to walk. If you dock at International Pier, downtown San Miguel is about a 30-45-minute walk. Since it can get very hot en route, most guests will take a taxi into town. If you dock Puerto Maya pier there is some shopping, bars, and restaurants
- Taxis do not have meters; you should negotiate a price before entering.
- Major Credit Cards are accepted in all the guaranteed and recommended stores listed on this map.
- The currency is the Mexican Peso (MXP). All guaranteed and recommended stores on this map will accept US Dollars.
- Banks & ATM’s are available when you get off the ship. See map showing where they are located, please be mindful of local banking hours.
- The local language is Spanish however; English is widely spoken.
- The Shopping Highlight Information to follow
- Major Attractions A. San Miguel Zocalo, B. Museum of Cozumel, C. Playa Palancar. Click here for location on the map.