Get started in Basseterre, St. Kitts…
Basseterre, St. Kitts – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks or anchor into port Zante, there’s a yellow terminal building with much duty-free shopping, internet, and phone facilities available.
- Taxis are available on the quayside. Price lists are posted, but it’s always wise to confirm the price before leaving. The taxis have yellow license plates starting with the letter T or TA.
- Major Credit Cards are accepted in all guaranteed and recommended shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- The official currency is the Eastern Caribbean Dollar (XCD). However, US Dollars are widely accepted. Accepted, and there is no need to exchange US dollars to Aruban Florin.
- Banks & ATM’s are available, see the map where the banks are located.
- The official language is English, but a form of patois Jamaican Creole which is commonly spoken.
- The Shopping Highlight check out Del Sol for all your color change apparel.
- Major Attractions A – St. Georges Anglican Church, B – Independence Square, C – National Museum (Treasury Building)