Get started in Skagway…
Skagway, Alaska – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks – Port of Skagway at the Railroad Dock, Broadway Dock, or Ore Dock. The exact berth will be assigned by your ship, check onboard, and download your map, so you know where you docked click here.
- Always check onboard for planned docking location, arrival and departure times, also ask on board where the gangway is located and be sure to check what time you need to return to the ship it is usually 30 mins before scheduled departure time.
- Taxis are often not widely available in Skagway due to the town’s very small size and the seasonality of visitors. There is a shuttle bus, $5 for an all-day pass will get you around town just fine.
- Major Credit Cards accepted in all the guaranteed and recommended stores listed on this map click here for a copy of the maps; they also take USD, which is the local currency.
- USD is the currency, and major credit cards are widely accepted.
- Banks & ATM’s are available, see map ‘click here’ showing where they are located, look for Wells Fargo Bank at 605 Broadway. USD is the currency, and major credit cards are widely accepted.
- Language is English ashore.
- Religious centers: Catholic – St. Theresa Catholic Church is located at the corner of 9th Avenue and State Street, approximately 1.3 kilometers (0.8 miles) north of the cruise pier. Protestant – First Presbyterian Church is located at 475 Main Street, around 1 kilometer (0.6 miles) north of the cruise pier.
- Skagway is one of the quaintest ports in the world to shop, one street Broadway with all original Alaskan history frontage, a Boardwalk. You absolutely must make time to buy here, you really missing out if you don’t. One of my all time favourite is Monarch Jewelers for an amazing selection of Orocal Gold Quartz, Mark Henry Alexandrite, unbeatable prices on diamonds, tanzanites and the friendliest most helpful staff. You will also find some amazing local Art Galleries one of my favourite is a small Art gallery on the top left hands side called Inspired Art Works, Broadway Jewelers the most exciting Alaskan Curious, indigiounous product and jewelry. Click here for your updated map and valid coupons for your cruise.