Get started in Ketchikan…
Ketchikan, Alaska – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks – Ketchikan has four main Cruise terminal docks. Dock 1 is opposite Salmon Landing on the Promenade, Dock 2 on Front Street, and the Waterfront Promenade alongside the town’s three-block downtown grid. The Visitors’ Bureau is by Berth 2 at the corner of Mission Street, the start of a marked downtown walking tour. Dock 3 is by Harbour view, and Dock 4 is a few minutes’ walks north of Dock 1, 2, and 3. So you can orientate yourself, click here for the map indicating each dock.
- Always check onboard your ship for docking location, arrival, and departure times, also ask on board where the gangway located, and be sure to check what time you need to return to the ship; it is usually 30 mins before scheduled departure time.
- Taxis are available just outside the cruise pier area. Taxis have meters, A/C, it can get sweltering in Alaska during the summer, and all drivers speak English.
- Major Credit Cards accepted in all the guaranteed and recommended stores listed on this map click here for a copy of the maps; they also take USD, which is the local currency.
- Currency is USD
- BANKS AND ATM’s – located within one block from the city cruise pier at the visitor’s center.
- Everyone speaks English ashore.
- Religious centers: Catholic church – St. John’s Catholic Church located at 423 Mission Street. Protestant church – First Lutheran Church located at 1200 Tongass Avenue, click here to download the map for exact locations from the cruise ship docking area.
- Ketchikan has many great shops to offer; always make time to shop before or after your tour to shop for the same great Alaska Art; there are a lot of Art Galleries in Ketchikan. Also, significant savings on Cruiser’s favorites such as Orocal Gold Quartz, Ammolite, Mark Henry Alexandrite, Diamonds, Tanzanite, and watches. Click here for valid coupons.