Get started in Juneau…
Juneau, Alaska – IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO GET YOU AROUND IN PORT.
- Ship Docks – in Juneau, there are three major docking areas Pier A on the Cruise ship terminal Area, Pier B South Franklin Street Dock, and Pier C is AJ dock. If there are a lot of ships in your ship that could drop anchor and tender, you into shore, you must ask onboard which pier you’re being tendered to click here to download the map.
- Always check onboard your ship for arrival and departure times, also ask on board where the gangway is located and be sure to check what time you need to return to the ship it is usually 30 mins before scheduled departure time.
- Taxis are available just outside the cruise pier area. Taxis have meters, A/C (it does get very hot in Alaska in the summer) do check the local transportation there are many shuttle busses and trams to get you around you may not need a taxi click here to download your maps with free information.
- Major Credit Cards accepted in all the guaranteed and recommended stores listed on the map click here for the Juneau maps.
- Currency is USD
- BANKS AND ATMs – are available when you get off the ship within walking distance of the cruise pier. Look for KeyBank and Wells Fargo Bank, both located on Seward Street in downtown Juneau. Click here to download your map
- Everyone speaks English ashore
- Religious centers: Catholic – Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary located at 416 5th Street. Protestant – Resurrection Lutheran Church located at 740 W. 10th Street. Jewish – Temple Sukkat Shalom located at 211 Cordova Street
- The Shopping Highlight in Juneau is the many great shops offering amazing Alaskan art, locally sourced, and sold merchandise. You will find significant savings on world-renowned brands in jewelry and watches click here for a copy of your map with valid coupons to redeem during your cruise